Monday, February 1, 2010

Saturday, 1/30/2010: Oyster Dome run


It lieu of actually running up stairs this last weekend. I thought it would be good to get out and get the legs moving. School seems to eat up most of my time, so I train when I can with what I have, and what I have is the Oyster Dome. The O dome is little chunk of rock nestled in the Chuckanut mountains near Bellingham. Its 3.25 miles to the top (6.5 round trip) and it gains around 2k vertical feet. Not very glamorous as far as hiking goes (the views are good on a clear day), but it more than delivers as a run. My thought was to run it once hard, then run it again at an easy pace as a base builder.


The First round was over in 39:25 (to the top), not shabby, but I could have pushed a little harder. The second round, which was at a much easier pace, clocked in at 49:12. Because of time constraints for the rest of my winter quarter at Western Washington University, I will most likely be running the Oyster dome every Saturday or Sunday. The rest of my training will be high Intensity intervals on the spin bike and lactate training on the stair stepper. If I can keep up with school and training, it should be an interesting race when the big day comes around.

No comments:

Post a Comment